International Peace Garden
 
The International Peace Garden was dedicated July 14, 1932 to represent a celebration of the peaceful coexistence between two nations, the United States and Canada, illustrating to the world our commitment to world peace.
 
It is a beautiful garden encompassing 2.339 acres of nature's beauty featuring 2 pristine fresh water lakes, scenic drives, formal and wildflower displays, waterfalls and a large variety of North American birds and animals.
 
In 2010, visitors will see the creation of the 911 Memorial Contemplative Garden sponsored by Rotary Clubs in Districts 5550 & 5580 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Rotary in Canada.
 
At a dedication ceremony on June 27,2009 the Presidents of of the Rotary Club of Brandon and Monot signed the Partnership Declaration between their clubs. This is the culmination of discussions over the last year between the clubs. Once again, it is an example of reaching out across a border between two friendly nations.
 
Members and clubs of District 5550 may contact PDG Rick Felstead about financial contributions to the development of the memorial. Email: felstead@mymts.net
 
It is 327 km from Winnipeg, near Boissevain in northwestern Manitoba. It is worth the trip for a visit to this jewel in the Prairies. You may go online to find out more. www.peacegarden.com
 
Sponsors